Sunday, October 26, 2008

October 26

You have already "said" a few words.

Your first word was "ow". You say it a lot, although it usually has nothing to do with pain.

And I am positive I have heard you say, "Mama" before. Nobody believes me, and I don't have any witnesses, but I don't think it is so far fetched. You really like the "mmmm" sound and just by throwing an "aahhh" after it you have "Ma". Twice in a row and we are in business!

But this afternoon you said you first word in context! I was working in the back of the house and you and Daddy came to spend time with me. Misty Cat was on the bed and Daddy thought you two might like to visit. She wasn't feeling very social, but Nicky was lying on the floor taking a sun bath. So the three of you were on the floor together and when Daddy held you right up to Nick's face and you said, "Hi!". Daddy and I looked at each other laughing because it was just too cute and the timing was too perfect. I know it was unintentional...

...at least I think it was unintentional. Sometimes you are scary smart. Daddy and I try to get you in bed by 9:00, and so you are usually in bed by 9:30. You fall asleep quickly and we finish doing what we need to in order to get to bed ourselves. It doesn't matter how much time has passed from when we put you down, but every night for the last three weeks, you start to cry the second Daddy and I say goodnight. Without fail. So we started to whisper it to one another, or not say it at all. But inevitably one of us will say "I am so tired" or "It feels good to lie down" and set you off. The creepy part is that you don't even sleep in our room anymore. You hear us from your crib through your shut door and down the hall.

Genius baby.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hi Amber,
I've been keeping up with your blog about sweet Audrey. My son, Bryson, is 7 with SLO. You can click on my name to see my blog. You all are doing such a wonderful job with Audrey. Yes, it's a different adventure, but you learn to appreciate things that you would otherwise take advantage of- the little moments and the little accomplishments. She is so cute and so sweet looking. Congrats on your beautiful baby girl.
Ashley (mom to Bryson, Parker, and Cooper)