Thursday, February 5, 2009

February 5

Tuesday did not go as planned. As Honey said, after the day was finished, "Santa only brought us a lump of coal." This morning Honey came to pick us up, we drove to the med center, Daddy took off work since we were told he needed to be at the contact fitting, I cancelled a PT and VI session and we all sat for half an hour in the waiting room...then the optometrist had the receptionist come tell us to reschedule and send us home. Turns out the woman who first fitted us two weeks ago doesn't work there anymore and never ordered your contacts.

I insisted the doctor at least tell us this personally. I was so upset that she didn't even have the courtesy to honor our appointment, admit they had a misunderstanding and let us slip through the cracks, and apologize for the inconvenience. Had they done that, I still would have been disappointed since I was so looking forward to you being able to see, but I wouldn't have felt insulted on top of it. Not only did she want to send us away from the waiting room, but she wanted us to come back in a couple weeks for another fitting! I told her she could use the measurements from last time, order the contacts, and we would be back in two weeks. As we left you cried--you were sad not to have contacts also.

All Tuesday I was frustrated. I can't understand why appointments and surgeries continually get put off when it comes to your eyes. Nothing has been accomplished in the last 6 months. I find it unbelievable howlong we have been strung along.

But God is good and He has a plan. Yesterday morning I woke up to a call from our ptosis surgeon, saying that surgery is on for Monday. I am cautiously optimistic. I am tired of being played the fool, getting excited for surgeries that never come, but I have reasons to be especially hopeful for this one.

We have 90 days from the day we order the contacts to return or exchange them for any reason. You won't be able to wear contacts for four weeks after the surgery--if the contacts had been ordered two weeks ago then we would have lost half our time to play with how they fit; and they are much too expensive to buy multiple pairs. So, we have put the order on hold until Monday when we see if the surgery happens.

Even though our time frame may still be different than His, we know God's timing is perfect. But if there is one thing Mommy and Daddy are learning from all this, it is patience!

1 comment:

Hollie said...

Amber... God is closing doors for better ones to open. Things will happen and sweet Audrey will get her contacts soon! :)
So glad you are coming to choir and scrapbook at church! Glad we are 'hanging out' more! :)