Friday, December 4, 2009

Snow Day!






It snowed in Houston, TX today! We got a few flurries last year, but this is the most snow you have seen. We just had to go outside to take a picture of Liam's first snow. So I spent at least 20 minutes getting you guys in clean diapers, warm clothes, bundled in blankets, and getting myself dressed before we headed outside...less than two minutes later we were back in the house. Liam hated the cold and the snow; in fact, he started fussing the moment I opened the front door and only became more upset from there. But you, my hot-natured girl, loved it! So after we made Liam suffer through a couple pictures, we put him to bed and you and I went back outside to play. You kept kissing the snowflakes as the came down, and every now and then opened your mouth wide as if to catch one. Too cute.





Tonight Daddy was able to come home from work a little early, and we had such a nice evening. I made gingerbread and hot tea, we lit a fire in the fireplace for the first time ever, and everyone snuggled on the couch planning to watch a movie. Instead we all were mesmerized by the fire--even the cats! A little bit later Daddy and I got distracted by rearranging the furniture. You were just relaxing on the floor by yourself, when all of a sudden you busted out laughing. I have no idea why you were cracking yourself up so much, but boy, it sure made us laugh also! For about 5 minutes you went on like this. I am so glad you are such a happy girl.



No comments: