Sunday, August 21, 2011

School Daze

Tomorrow you start school. SCHOOL. I have had several moments of “Oh my, what have I done? This is crazy!” followed by moments of clarity when I know how wonderful school will be for you.

I didn’t run out to get the few things you needed until tonight at 8pm. I had forgotten it was tax free weekend. Rookie mistake if there ever was one. Maybe it was denial, or maybe I was just holding true to my procrastinator fashion. Regardless, in less than 11 hours my big three year old girl (who is the size of a little three month old girl) will be in her new classroom. Daddy, Liam and I will drop you off tomorrow, and then Liam and I will pick you up three hours later. Yep, just three hours. But it will be three hours of hard work.

Tonight we will all try to get some great rest, because tomorrow is a huge day for everyone. You will most likely come home more exhausted than you have ever been in your life and I may or may not be an emotional wreck. I’ll skip the mascara, just in case.

No comments: