Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Perspective.

Today Grammy, Liam and I visited your school. We met all of your teachers, a couple therapists, and your classmates. Perspective is an amazing thing. I would say that of all your friends, you are most…developed? Advanced? Aware? I’m not sure quite how to describe it.

I’ve always thought of you as so severe in your syndrome. There is no denying that’s true. But today I realized it could be much worse. From what I can tell, there is more personality in your face and more laughter in your eyes than the kiddos in your class. I am 100% aware that the other moms would probably say the exact same thing. Because they are moms and somehow anticipate their child's every need, preference and emotion without any words being exchanged. They know their child better than anyone else ever will and can see things a passerby would miss.

Still. I am glad you are mine.

No comments: