Thursday, October 4, 2012

Bugged Out

It took you longer to bounce back from your "Audrey episode" this time than it usually does. When Liam woke up yesterday morning vomiting, it made me wonder if you had the same bug. Last night it hit Daddy and took me down a few hours later.  Since you still hadn't fully recovered by this afternoon, it seems most likely that you were sick-sick rather than Audrey-sick.

That left us no choice but to cancel the brow surgery that was scheduled for tomorrow morning. I am so ready to get this taken care of for you and protect your "good" eye. But after losing Luke, I am not willing to take any chances.  This is a minor procedure with our greatest risks being infection and anesthesia. Still, I am as concerned I ever have been for a major surgery before.  I don't think my heart could take--well I don't even want to type it out.  I just want everything to go smoothly, get in, get out, and not take any unnecessary risks.

We don't have a new date yet, but it will most likely be a few weeks off.  I'll work on getting that scheduled, you work on getting healthy.

No comments: