Friday, September 5, 2008

September 2

Daddy loves you so much. Sometimes at night you and I take a bath at the same time...while I relax in my tub, Daddy bathes you in your little tub by the sink. I can hear him on the other side of the wall laughing at you the whole time. Every so often I will ask what is so funny and he will say, “Nothing, she just makes the cutest faces!”

You sleep in the bassinet right next to my side of the bed. When I think you may be spitting up, I reach over and touch your mouth and the sheet beneath your head to make sure they are dry. Tonight Daddy got you settled into bed without me, and when I came into the bedroom you were on the other side of my nightstand. I started to move you closer and Daddy stopped me because he thought the movement would wake you up (doesn’t he know you could sleep through a tornado?). I had earlier considered moving you away from me at night little by little until you made it into your room. So I left you there even though I didn’t want to and climbed into bed. It wasn’t two minutes later that you made a strange noise and I flew out of bed to check on you. Turned out to be the beginning of hiccups (the first one fakes me out every time). Daddy just rolled over in bed and said, “Go ahead, move her back over”. How am I ever going to get you into your own bedroom? At least that’s one good thing about your slow growth…most babies would have outgrown their bassinet by now!

No comments: