Friday, October 21, 2011

Not Sheepy

Lately you have been waking up at 5am every single morning. Why?? You don’t fuss, you just talk loudly in your room. Bedtime hasn’t changed, naptime hasn’t changed…what’s with the early wake-up call?

It really doesn’t bother me. As a mom I have an uncanny ability to completely tune you out while I sleep. Occasionally I wake up just enough to register that you are talking and roll over. But if you are in any sort of distress, I bolt out of bed and am in your room before my eyes fully open. So my frustration is more for you than anything else. I need to get you moving by 7:00 to have you ready on time. And pretty much without fail, you fall back asleep around 6:45. That makes you one tired little shnookie towards the end of your school day.

I would think that maybe you are just getting older and don’t need as much sleep. But I can’t keep you up much later at night. Daddy and I need to spend some time alone and we aim to be in bed by 9:30 ourselves. And I can’t take away your nap—not when you come home so exhausted each day.

So I guess we will just stick with our current schedule since it’s working well enough for the time being. Thanks for being so considerate and letting the rest of the house sleep. You are such a sweet girl.

No comments: