Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Like a Rock


Last night we had a late Christmas party, and this morning an early OB appointment, so you and brother spent the night at Grammy’s house!  That’s a special treat.  You cuddled with Papaw while Liam and Grammy went on a long walk.  It sounds like you slept as well as you usually do and had a great time.

As for Daddy and me, we haven’t had such a great night’s sleep in about 4 years. On average we wake up 3-4 times a night between you and Liam, so to get an uninterrupted 8 hours was heavenly. I slept so hard that I didn't dream, I didn't MOVE--I wouldn’t have thought it physically possible, but I didn’t even wake up during the night to go to the bathroom.  (That almost backfired the moment I awoke to the alarm clock.)  Neither of us can remember ever feeling so rested.  I told Daddy that if we could get a solid night’s sleep like that a few times a year, we could probably function on a whole different level.  My senses seem…sharper today.  My brain clearer. My reflexes quicker.  My decisions better.  My energy much higher.

I might be exaggerating slightly…but only slightly.  It is pretty remarkable what some REM sleep will do for a body!  Thanks Grammy for this unexpected gift!

No comments: