Sunday, August 30, 2009

August 30

Over the last week Daddy and I have gotten glimpses of our happy baby again! It seems as if there has been a break in your teething, although I can tell it will be short lived. There is already another tooth straining to break through. But we have enjoyed seeing your toothy grins in the meantime! You think the strangest things are funny like when I type on my phone or laptop, kissing your hand, blowing in your hair....sometimes nothing at all. Everything stops when you are in one of those giggly moods, and Daddy and I do whatever we can to keep it going!

We went to the dentist on Thursday. While it wasn't a pleasant experience, it was quick. He looked in your mouth for 30 seconds, you threw up for several minutes, and then we talked for just a minute. He says things look normal for a tube fed baby, and most importantly, healthy. I asked him when these baby teeth developed (in utero) and when your adult teeth start to form (right after birth). I am hoping your adult teeth grow in better since they will have had the benefit of your cholesterol supplement. We go back in 6 months.



Grammy and Papaw got a new dog today--she doesn't have a name yet, but she came over to see you this evening. She is half golden retriever, half black lab, all puppy. We saw the golden side of her when she sweetly came up to you, nuzzled your hand, and cuddled up to take a nap with you. We saw the lab side when she tried to eat your g-button through your shirt, chewed on your toys, and stepped on you. You and I are trying to convince Daddy to let you get a dog...I think these pictures of you and your new buddy may help!




1 comment:

Rachel said...

I will help too! We got Scarlett a lab and took her though the therapy dog training program. So she is a certified service dog...She is wonderful and the best thing we have ever done for Scarlett!!