Thursday, December 9, 2010

Stunt Girl

Oh my goodness. I can’t believe what I did today. You, Liam and I got to church a little late and I was rushing to get you into childcare so that I could eat, get dressed, get brother dressed, and get out onto the Path for our scene. I loaded up the stroller to the max…two diaper bags, my clothes, Daddy’s clothes, big blanket to sit on, a jacket, plenty of toys and snacks to keep Bub occupied during showtime. I wheeled you both into your classroom looking like we were moving in. Brother was fussing to get out and play with his friends, so without even thinking about it, I took him out of the front first. And the whole stroller went flying back with the weight of the bags. Immediately I dropped him and rushed to the back to see what state you were in. You were a little upside down, but not concerned in the slightest. You were laying down to begin with so fortunately your angle didn’t change too drastically. Still, I couldn’t believe I did that! I know better! I just didn’t think it through at all.

While you were brave as can be, Liam was terrified. He witnessed it all and screamed louder than I have ever heard him. He might have been more scared because I dropped him on his rear to get to you. But I like to think he was worried about his sister.

No comments: