Thursday, January 27, 2011

Brace Yourself

You have lengthened out quite a bit lately, but have lost a bit of weight. The result is that your legs are too thin and your AFO’s are too short for them to be effective. A “normal” kid will get new AFO’s every 6 months or so (it has been almost exactly 6 months for you), but I truly expected those to last you for a very long time. The technician who fitted you for new braces today thought I needed to adjust my expectations. I think she realized what I meant when she saw that your foot hasn’t grown at all. We were able to use your old braces to save a lot of time in making the new ones for that reason. We were finished in under an hour, and went on to see Daddy for lunch. Today is his birthday!

After a nice lunch with Daddy, Grandpapa, Honey and Liam (well, Liam got a little melty but everyone else was pleasant), we swung by TCH. I left you kiddos in the car with Honey while I ran up to Dr. L's office. She gave me a much needed new button for your tummy and some special wipes to hopefully help your bottom heal.

Home for quick naps and then we loaded back up to meet Daddy near the church for dinner before his meeting. It was a long but productive and fun day.

No comments: