Sunday, August 31, 2008

August 14

Last night you slept straight through to the morning! What a big girl you are!

I woke up at 6:00 to start your feed, and when I woke up at 8:00 to turn it off, the bag was still full. I assumed your tube was clogged, so I pulled out a new one and restarted the feed. This time I checked it in 15 minutes and it still wasn’t going through. I experimented with it and discovered your button itself was blocked. I called pedi surg and they had me come in immediately. A new button was placed in your tummy and we left by 12:30. But by then you were one hungry girl. I am so frustrated with your pump for not telling me it was occluded. I wasted two hours thinking you were being fed, so today I called and had them deliver you a new one.

You met Aunt LeeLee tonight! She loves you already. She and Honey helped with bathtime and we all think you are so cute in your poodle towel Auntie Shelby gave you.

No comments: