Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Photography Phenomenon

So I missed your one year pictures. I am not really sure what happened--I guess we just got busy and I didn't make it a priority for awhile. Then you started teething for over a month, and we would have never gotten good smiles out of you then. In the meantime, you have cut several teeth so now you look different and I am disappointed to have missed your toothless grin. There's nothing I can do about it now, but when I found out we were having brain surgery, I knew I had to get some good pictures of you before your head is shaved. So Mrs. Kris was sweet enough to give up Sunday evening with her family to do a last minute photo session.

You woke up from nap in such a great mood, but by the time you got to Kris' studio you were not a happy camper. For over an hour there wasn't much we could do to get you to smile. All of our surefire tricks were failing. Kris even gave us a disconnected keyboard to type on, because that sound makes you laugh. No such luck. Under normal circumstances it wouldn't be a big deal--Kris is so good about rescheduling if babies aren't cooperative. But this time we didn't have any other availability to reschedule to (maybe you sensed my desperation). Finally your sad little mood broke, and we got some grins and giggles out of you. Unfortunately for Mama, I was the funny one that night. You laugh at the special way I say "hi" to you, so I did that over and over and over again. When that got old (quickly) I started to cheat and say "hahaha" almost in a panting way. That was really funny too. Rather than pass out trying to make you laugh, I would hand it off to Daddy to try. Nope. He didn't do it right I guess. It only worked when I did it. Daddy is ALWAYS the funniest one. Maybe I am making a comeback as your favorite!

The photos are gorgeous. You are such a pretty girl. I tell you so all day long, but it is more than difficult to capture your sweet, shining face on film. Your "bad" eye catches the light poorly, and you can tell something is physically wrong. And often times when I take pictures of you, the flash brings out the red in your skin and just isn't so cute. That frustrates me because you are so beautiful, and I want others to see you the way I do. I am so grateful to have these pictures of my precious, happy girl.

http://krisevansphotography.blogspot.com/2009/10/one-very-special-little-girl.html

6 comments:

Karen said...

Great pictures. All your hard work on getting Audrey to smile for them really paid off. She is so cute and that does come through in her pictures. Makes me just want to reach out and give her a hug and a kiss.

cjeggerman said...

The pictures are beautiful! I especially like the one where it looks like she is listening to baby brother in your tummy! I'll be praying for all of you tomorrow! Miss Carla

KrisEvans said...

You are so sweet! I am so glad we got as many pictures as we did. I also wanted to let you know that Megan has been praying for Audrey all week and plans to stalk your blog for updates on the surgery tomorrow.

Amanda said...

These pictures are absolutely gorgeous!! What a beautiful girl. I love the one where you are holding her against your belly. Perfect. We will praying for your family tomorrow.

Rachel said...

The pictures look beautiful! I would have never known she was cranky! I like all of them except the TU ones. Then again her toes are super cute in one of them. :)

Hollie said...

LOVE, LOVE LOVE the photos!!!!! Prayed hard for Audrey... Can't wait to hear about the hospital stay and recovery!!!